The following are a few topics about my experiences with professional development.
- To learn more about my professional work, visit my work blog, Financial Systems Education .com which gives an overview of the site, or Ledger Learning.com which links directly to the blog.
- This personal project on Time Management was helpful to me in a number of way professional. Read about the Integration Ratio and the Personal Balanced Scorecard System.
- David Willis, a great mentor of mine for a few years, once advised me that confidence was the foundation of any great career. I have suffered failures in my career. I have learned the nurturing confidence is critical to success. Read about Hanging Successes on the Walls of Your Mind to learn how to do so.
- Here are personal development plans I created early in my career, which were helpful to me in taking a long-term view of what I was interested in.
- In late 1999 or early 2000 I gave a presentation to students at Illinois State University about my career. You can see the slide deck and read a bit more about it here.
- In May of 2018, I was asked to give a presentation to high school students about my career. I recorded the session. You can view it here: